Sumatra Boru Batak (Happy Mug)

Finally was able to do some roasts with the new roast profile feature of ELF. I also used the marker feature to mark first crack start, first crack end, and second crack start.

Roasted two batches of Sumatra Boru Batak. This coffee has really grown on me since I've dialed in the roast. I used the following profile for the first batch:
00:00 - 04:00, 375
04:00 - 06:00, 425
06:00 - End, 450

For the second batch I increased each temperature by 25 since the first crack was very weak on the first batch. The higher temperature helped a bit but these beans just don't do a whole lot of crackin'.

After 6 days of rest the coffee is delicious. It is smooth with a slightly pleasant tang that is not overpowering. It is different than Colombian in that it is not real nutty but still very tasty.